10.28.2011

Human Connections

A great reminder from my friend and colleague Rusty May:
Have you ever wandered into a coffee shop, hoping to find some human connections?  Were you longing for that great collaborative energy, and thinking that others arrived there for the same reason.....only to find people hunched over their laptops, ignoring the world around them?  So why are we all here?  Did we come into this coffee shop, this office, or this world to just zone out and stare at a screen?

Don't get me wrong, sometimes I'll sit in public with earplugs in, blogging my ass off or writing my next book.  But I also make sure I take some time every day to have real connections with other humans.  How great would it be if we could all take a  little break from our computers and have a round table discussion, or participate in an icebreaker-related activity?  Who do YOU want to be in this world?  Think about it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment