11.23.2011

Thanksgiving

As Thanksgiving day approaches, I'm reminded of the doctors and nurses at Stanford Hospital who cared for me five years ago.  Their professionalism, love, and desire to perfect their craft kept me alive and thriving.  I'm also reminded of my girlfriend Erin, whose bravery and unyielding commitment to our relationship was one of the most incredible things I've ever witnessed.

When my sister's stem cells were injected into my system on Thanksgiving day of 2006, it changed me forever.  It was such a pivotal point in my life, it's hard to explain.  I know my family was also changed, and they learned a lot about themselves throughout this unfathomable challenge.  They almost lost me, and I almost lost them.  But they didn't.....and I didn't.  Why am I still here?  Why do I get to still breathe fresh air when I step outside, eat three meals per day, smile, laugh, and cry?  Others haven't been so lucky in dealing with the horrible disease of cancer.  Maybe I'm not supposed to know why I survived until later in life.

Tomorrow I will most likely be drinking wine and eating an enormous amount of food, subsequently slipping into a nice, cozy, food coma.....so just in case I forget to tell everyone.....Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Thank you to everyone who loves me and supports me.....you know who you are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment